Marina Bay is the intrepid co-founder of BeFast.TV, a Hong Kong-based media company devoted to helping entrepreneurs and startups succeed by documenting stories of success and failure through video. Marina brings her energetic and curious nature to the Hong Kong startup scene and has recently spearheaded the expansion of BeFast.TV into the event arena with the Fashiontech Asia event taking place as part of the 2017 StartmeupHK Festival.
Before setting up shop amid the skyscrapers of Central District, Marina studied economics and international business in both Asia and Europe and spent time working for a boutique law firm before setting out on her own entrepreneurial journey.
In today’s episode, Jay sits down with Marina to discuss:
- The origins of BeFast.TV and Marina’s entrepreneurial journey
- How helping other startups eventually led to BeFast.TV’s revenue model
- Why fashion has always been at the forefront of innovation
- Managing the fear of failure
- And, of course, the upcoming Fashiontech Asia 2017 event
Enjoy, and don’t forget to tweet your questions and comments to @jaykimmer.
Links from Today’s Episode
- Read the full transcript of Marina’s interview
- Get in touch with Marina through Twitter or LinkedIn
- Share your startup story or get inspired by other’s at BeFast.TV
- Buy tickets or check out the highlights from Fashiontech Asia at the StartmeupHK Festival 2017
Detailed Show Notes
- (1:52) Marina’s journey from Russia to Hong Kong and from employee to entrepreneur
- (7:11) How Marina got involved with BeFast.TV and the stress of being a startup co-founder
- (9:37) What the changing media landscape means for BeFast.TV (and your startup)
- (11:27) What BeFast.TV is, what it can do for you, and why Hong Kong was the perfect launch market
- (14:50) BeFast.TV’s revenue model
- (18:46) BeFast.TV at the 2017 StartmeupHK Festival
- (20:13) What is Fashiontech?
- (24:51) What to expect at Fashiontech Asia 2017
- (26:41) BeFast.TV’s goals for 2017
- (28:38) Marina’s practical advice for struggling entrepreneurs
Asia's latest investing trends and on-the-ground field research delivered directly to your inbox