From prolific blogger to three-time New York Times bestseller and now disrupter of the publishing industry, Tucker Max has had a long and storied path to entrepreneurship.
Tucker first gained notoriety by inventing an entirely new literary genre: fratire. Since starting his fratire blog in the early 2000s, Tucker has written over six books and is only one of three authors to have three books on the New York Times bestseller list at the same time.
After establishing himself as a successful author, Tucker accidently stumbled upon a winning business idea: Book In A Box, a book-writing and publishing service that’s on track to disrupt the publishing industry as we know it.
In today’s episode Jay talks about his experience using Book In A Box to write his own book, Hack Your Fitness, so tune in to learn:
- How to turn an idea into a book in less than a year
- Why being an author today is not about how many books you sell
- How authoring a book can open up a world of opportunities for entrepreneurs
Listen to this episode on iTunes.
Continue the conversation with Jay on Twitter: @jaykimmer.
Links from Today’s Episode
- Read the full transcript from Tucker’s interview
- Follow Tucker on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- Discover the Book In A Book method and get started on your book today
- Learn more about Tucker’s past at TuckerMax.com
Detailed Show Notes
- (3:25) Who is Tucker Max?
- (4:18) The birth of Book In A Box, Tucker’s most recent company
- (9:34) Tucker almost misses the winning business opportunity right under his nose
- (12:04) How Book In A Box differs from the traditional and self-publishing process
- (16:20) The creative benefits of the Book In The Box method
- (17:33) On the power of ideas and the arrogance of the traditional publishing world
- (21:38) How to make money as an entrepreneurial author (hint: it’s not from selling books)
- (23:41) On the benefits of writing for a very specific niche when starting to build your credibility
- (25:58) The Book In A Book method, step-by-step
- (32:53) How Tucker plans to grow Book In A Book in 2017
Asia's latest investing trends and on-the-ground field research delivered directly to your inbox