Many of us dream of quitting our 9–5 jobs to pursue our passions full time. Chris Ducker did exactly that when he wrote his resignation letter at 30,000 feet. By the time his plane hit the runway at Hong Kong International Airport, the email was already sitting in his outbox and Chris was on his way to inspiring thousands of others to do the same.
Originally from the UK, Chris is a serial entrepreneur who now lives in the Philippines where he founded two hugely successful offline businesses, Virtual Staff Finder and Live2Sell Group. Chris is also a prolific podcaster, blogger, and the author of the bestseller Virtual Freedom, an in-depth guide to outsourcing your business to gain more time, productivity, and freedom.
Chris practices what he preaches, and today, dedicates much of his time toward helping first-time founders and established business pros alike build successful businesses around their own personal brands through his website, live events, and online community.
Listen in to Chris’s story and discover:
- Why every entrepreneur is a problem-solver at heart
- The importance of building an audience when starting an online business
- How to outsource your most time-consuming business tasks so you have more time to focus on what matters to you
Listen to this episode on iTunes.
Keep the conversation going on Twitter. Tweet Jay at @jaykimmer.
Links from Today’s Episode
- Read the full transcript from Chris’s interview
- See what Chris is up to on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Learn more about Chris, read his blog, or listen to his podcast at ChrisDucker.com
- Learn how to outsource your business with Virtual Freedom
- Enrol in Chris’s Youpreneur Academy and accelerate your you-based business
Detailed Show Notes
- (2:30) Chris’s background in sales and marketing
- (4:35) The nightmare boss that drove Chris to become an entrepreneur
- (8:39) On choosing a publisher for his bestseller Virtual Freedom
- (10:53) A sampling of Chris’s businesses based in the Philippines and on the Internet
- (15:13) Want to start an online business? Begin by building your audience
- (19:07) The entry barrier to entrepreneurship has never been lower
- (19:51) Want to make $100,000 a year? Start by making $297 a day
- (21:04) Why the long-game approach will ultimately get you closer to lasting success
- (22:32) Chris’s most lucrative online business and the work he enjoys the most
- (25:46) How Youpreneur can help you build an audience and launch your online business
- (27:13) On Tropical Think Tank, Chris’s annual mastermind conference that takes place in the Philippines
- (31:05) Chris’s parting advice for those looking to build their own brand
Asia's latest investing trends and on-the-ground field research delivered directly to your inbox