Early adopter, bestselling author, respected public speaker, marketing master. All of these terms describe Chris Brogan equally well, yet ask Chris what he enjoys most and he’ll likely say it’s serving others. Chris’s journey to digital media powerhouse began in the 1990s when he started a blog before the term “blog” even existed. Chris also began podcasting in the 2000s and was the 10,212th user to sign up to Twitter.
Since those early days, Chris has written eight books, been named to Forbes list of must-follow marketing minds, and founded his own media and business advisory company, Owner Media Group which helps business, small and large, reach the kinds of customers that they want to serve.
When he’s not advising the likes of Google or Microsoft, Chris helps driven entrepreneurs to grow their businesses through his podcast, blog, and online courses found on his website.
Listen to Chris’s chat with Jay to uncover:
- Why serving others should be at the core of your business
- How to accelerate your entrepreneurial journey by narrowing your focus to one single idea
- The power of embracing your inner freak and why authenticity is one of your greatest assets
Listen to this episode on iTunes.
Join Jay on Twitter and continue the conversation: @jaykimmer.
Links from Today’s Episode
- Read the full transcript from Chris’s interview
- Find Chris on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Visit Chris’s personal website to grow your presence online now
- Learn more about how Owner Media Group can help your business succeed
- Check out Chris’s latest book: The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth
- Start building your online course today
- Earn more customers
- Get more done by doing less
Detailed Show Notes
- (2:00) Who is Chris Brogan and what is Owner Media Group?
- (3:08) Why Chris enjoys working for both big corporations and small businesses
- (6:36) How Chris deals with entrepreneur fatigue
- (9:17) How Chris’s early experience on Internet message boards in the ’90s and his childhood in Maine has shaped who he is today
- (12:52) On the future of social media and why Chris doesn’t think Snapchat will be a part of it
- (17:03) On making sacrifices as an entrepreneur and the trap of trying to be everything to everyone
- (20:35) The people that inspire Chris the most to be and do more
- (22:50) How Owner Media Group can help grow your small business
- (28:37) What’s keeping Chris busy in 2017 and how he plans to ensure his next book isn’t a flop like his last
- (30:56) What Chris wants to be remembered for
- (31:42) Chris’s actionable advice for struggling entrepreneurs
Asia's latest investing trends and on-the-ground field research delivered directly to your inbox